Wednesday, September 8, 2010

blue buffet

This buffet in our dining room used to be black before I painted it this fun blue color. To get the distressed look, I lightly brushed on one coat of paint to allow the black color to show through. Also, we recently purchased these knobs that add fun detail to the piece.
As you can see, there’s quite the collection of random things currently sitting atop the buffet. On the right is an old pie safe we use for storage.
And this piece of architectural salvage is the newest addition. I’m in love with the chipped paint.

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I LOVE this!!! What an inspiration, I've always wanted to do something like this! The knobs are just so cute too! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely darling!
    That color blue is simply perfect.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Love the color and the detailing. Love that you let the black come through!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect makover, I love the blue!!

    I am posting pink today!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Such a stand out color, I'm very into turquoise these day as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the knobs and the chippy paint and the whole look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The color is so pretty, and the knobs are super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your style! Another great makeover! I've enjoyed looking around your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the knobs you picked. They are so classy. I love how they have a small tint of blue. I really feel part of what makes a table or desk is the knobs on it.

    ReplyDelete