Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the door saga continues

Oh boy, it didn’t take long for me to follow through on this statement – “this now officially means that I can paint the door every weekend if I wish”. I can’t say I’m surprised. Actually, just a little embarressed to say that this weekend I painted the door again, AND again. That’s right, twice.
    And by the way, I really REALLY appreciate all the positive feedback from those that liked the first greenish color on the door. Thank you so much for all the compliments! I did like how it turned out, however since I didn’t love it, it had to change. And also, I battle with these impulsive urges that make me need to see what a color will look like on an object – thus, my love affair with paint.

This is how it went – first I painted the door this grayish color:


(I apologize for not documenting the changes in pictures. I'll do better next time.)

And then I reverted back to the original white as seen in the before picture. So the door has gone full circle – white to green, green to gray, and gray to white in the matter of a week. I know for a fact the door saga doesn’t end here. I can only  imagine the thick layers of paint that will be caked on the door by the time we move out of the house.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Camille, I'd love to see the door painted for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete