Friday, July 11, 2014

recent revelation

The Lord has been inviting me. He is beckoning me to draw near. He is stirring me to enter into His presence, to experience and to go deeper. This is not new. This is His grace. The invitation has been ever present. He has always pursued me (as He pursues each one of us) but recently He has made me more aware of His constant pursuit of me and it is undeniable and utterly romantic.

So deeply romantic, beyond every cheesy romantic cliche from happily-ever-after to soul-mate that takes-my-breath-away to beyond-my-wildest-dreams to fairy-tale and prince-charming. I'm talking the greatest love story, full of mystery and passion. My God intensely and passionately loves me. He whispers 'I love you' as He takes care of my every need. He shouts 'I love you' when He excites my heart in the truth. He embraces me in the comfort of His overwhelming presence. He knows me. He is personal. He uses personally unique details to reveal Himself to me. He knows what makes me laugh. He makes me laugh. He invites adventure and spurs spontaneity as He places wild desires within my heart. He satisfies the longing of my soul for community with Him. He rescues me from my death. He desires me. He pursues me as He seeks out all avenues to meet with me. And on and on my God actively and fiercely loves me.

This is incredible. This is humbling. This is the truth.
And I am here to tell you that His promises are true.
I encourage you to "Taste and see that the Lord is good" (Psalm 34:8).
Praying the Lord will open your eyes to see His great love for you.

James 4:8
Come close to God, and God will come close to you.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

Jeremiah 33:3
Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.



1 comment:

  1. beautiful. Thank you for sharing your testimony so openly.
    :)

    ReplyDelete